County of Asotin
Regional Stormwater Program
Inform. Educate. Prevent.
Report a Spill
Dumping of materials into the system is not only a bad idea – it’s against the law.
Call The Stormwater Program Hotline To Report A Spill Or Stormwater Problem (509) 243-2071
If you see any of the unauthorized discharges (illicit discharges) listed to the right, please call the Stormwater Program Hotline at 509-243-2071. If you feel this is an emergency, please dial 911.
If you have a spill, CLEAN IT UP! Never wash spilled gasoline, chemicals, paint or oil into the street or gutters. Use kitty litter or absorbent material to capture the liquid, then sweep it up and dispose of it properly. If you can see the spilled material is traveling into the system, use old towels, rags or other absorbent material to stop it and call the Stormwater Program Hotline at 509-243-2071 right away.
Illegal Dumping Includes
- Acids, alkalis, or bases;
- Animal carcasses;
- Antifreeze and other automotive products;
- Any hazardous material or waste;
- Chemicals not normally found in uncontaminated water;
- Chlorinated spa or swimming pool water;
- Commercial and household cleaning products;
- Construction materials;Degreasers and/or solvents;
- Domestic or sanitary sewage;
- Drain cleaners;
- Flammable or explosive materials;
- Food wastes;
- Metals in excess of naturally occurring amounts, in either particulate or dissolved form;
- Painting products;
- Pesticides, herbicides, or fertilizers;
- Petroleum products including, but not limited to, oil, gasoline, grease, fuel oil, heating oil;
- Pressure washing wastes;
- Silt, sediment, or gravel;
- Soaps, detergents, or ammonia;
- Steam cleaning wastes;
- Trash or debris;
- Wastewater or process wastewater (including filtered or purified wastewaters).
- Yard wastes